Free invoice template (UK) for sole traders, limited companies, freelancers and contractors, all made by Zervant. They come in four different formats – Excel, Microsoft Word, PDF and an online version (all with or without VAT).
Simply scroll down, select your preferred option, and click the coloured button to download the sales invoice template. There are also some instructions for the Excel templates at the end, if needed.
Even easier, though, is our free invoice software. You can use it to create and send an unlimited amount of invoices, completely for free. All you need is an email address. Sound good? Then click here to get started!
SOLE TRADER INVOICE TEMPLATE
LIMITED COMPANY INVOICE TEMPLATE
FREELANCER and CONTRACTOR INVOICE TEMPLATE
How to Fill In Your Invoice Template
Obvious as it may seem, there are a few crucial things it’s worth double-checking before sending your invoice. Even a small mistake can result in delayed payment. Here’s a quick checklist that covers all the basics you need on every invoice:
- Contact info: Both your own details and your client’s ones, all in the top left. If you have a lot of clients consider creating a specific reference number for each one.
- Dates: Include the date you issue the invoice and also when it’s due.
- Invoice Number: A unique number for identifying the invoice, usually a sequential, serial number. This is vital, as it will help you to identify your invoices when you need them later on.
- Payment Terms: In the UK standard payment terms are 30 days, and you can charge 8.5% interest on late payments. Make sure you add your payment details too – Bank Name, Sort Code and Account Number. If you’ve ever come across any acronyms or shorthand phrases for payment terms, check this rather excellent jargon buster.
- Additional info: A brief description about what your invoice includes, and perhaps a thank you message for the client!
We really hope that these blank invoice templates come in handy. If they do, make sure you check out all the other FREE TOOLS we have to help small business owners.
What’s even easier than a free invoice template?
Zervant, of course! Create an account and you’ll get free, unlimited invoicing. No catches, fees or hidden costs.