Free invoice template for UK sole traders, limited companies, freelancers and contractors, made by Zervant. This sales invoice template comes in five different formats – Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, PDF and an online version, all with or without VAT.
Simply scroll down, select your preferred option, and click the coloured button to download the sales invoice template. There are also some instructions for the Excel templates at the end, if needed.
Something Easier Than a Invoice Template
Even easier, though, is our free invoice software. You can use it to create and send an unlimited amount of invoices, completely for free. All you need is an email address. Sounds good? Then sign up get started!
SOLE TRADER INVOICES
LIMITED COMPANY INVOICES
FREELANCER and CONTRACTOR INVOICES
How to Fill In Your Invoice Template
Obvious as it may seem, there are a few crucial things it’s worth double-checking before sending your invoice. Even a small mistake can result in delayed payment. Here’s a quick checklist that covers all the basics you need on every invoice:
- Contact info: Both your own details and your client’s ones, all in the top left. If you have a lot of clients consider creating a specific reference number for each one.
- Dates: Include the date you issue the invoice and also when it’s due.
- Invoice Number: A unique number for identifying the invoice, usually a sequential, serial number. This is vital, as it will help you to identify your invoices when you need them later on.
- Payment Terms: In the UK standard payment terms are 30 days, and you can charge 8.5% interest on late payments. Make sure you add your payment details too – Bank Name, Sort Code and Account Number. If you’ve ever come across any acronyms or shorthand phrases for payment terms, check this rather excellent jargon buster.
- Additional info: A brief description about what your invoice includes, and perhaps a thank you message for the client!
We hope you find these blank invoices useful. They’re designed to help make it as easy as possible to get paid. Be sure to check out the other free tools on our blog as well, for example our free credit note template.
What’s even easier than a free invoice template?
Zervant, of course! Create an account and you’ll get free, unlimited invoicing. No catches, fees or hidden costs.