Free invoice templates for UK sole traders, limited companies, small businesses, freelancers and contractors. Our sales invoice template comes in five different formats – Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, PDF and an online version – all with or without VAT.
Downloading a free, basic invoice template is simple – find the business invoice you need and click the green button to start the download automatically. Fill out the invoice with the correct information and send it to your client!
Instructions on how to fill out our invoice templates are at the bottom of this page.
LIMITED COMPANY INVOICES
FREELANCER and CONTRACTOR INVOICES
Don’t want to fill out a template?
Try our invoice generator to make invoices online.
This super-simple invoice maker is built by the same team who developed our award-winning software. It takes seconds to create and send a PDF invoice with our generator. Fill in the details, click “create invoice” and you’re done!
These free templates and tools are inspired by our invoicing software which allows you to create and send unlimited invoices for free. Used by thousands of entrepreneurs across Europe, it takes less than a minute to set up and provides a complete billing solution for small business owners.
Improve your cash flow and get paid faster when you can send a professional invoice using our well-designed invoice form.
There are other great benefits to a having a Zervant account, like our free mobile invoicing app, automatic payment reminders the ability to take online payments via credit card, debit card or other digital payment methods.
Interested? All it takes is an email address.
There are a few crucial things you should double-check before sending your invoice as even a small mistake can result in delayed payment. Some templates even include a pre-filled invoice example to help with this.
Here’s a quick checklist that covers all the basics you need on every invoice:
- Contact info: You can insert your client’s details beside your own in the top left. If you have a lot of clients consider creating a specific reference number for each one. The “sample invoice” template should help you here.
- Dates: Include the date you issue the invoice and also the due date by which you expect to be paid.
- Invoice Number: A unique number for identifying the invoice, usually a sequential, serial number. This is vital as it will help you to identify your invoices when you need them later on.
- Payment Terms: In the UK, standard payment terms often state that: the purchaser has 30 days to make a payment and you can charge 8.5% interest on late payments. Make sure you add your payment details – Bank Name, Sort Code and Account Number.
- Additional info: A brief description about what your invoice includes, and perhaps a thank you message for the client!
Even if you download one of these to use only as an invoice sample, we hope you find them useful. We constantly update our software and blog with free tools and templates, so keep posted and happy invoicing!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
What’s even easier than a free invoice template?
Zervant, of course!
Create an account and you’ll get free, unlimited invoicing with no catches, fees or hidden costs.