Try one of our free invoice makers, designed specifically for UK sole traders and businesses. Create and send invoices from your browser (we also have a mobile app) or just make them online then download in Excel, Word or PDF.
Below we’ve listed 3 different options – either download an invoice template, try our quick invoice generator or create an account and use our full invoice software for free – there’s even a mobile app if sending an invoice from your phone is more your style.
#1 – Use our online invoice generator – no account required
For those who want a taste of our invoice software but don’t want to create an account, we made an invoice generator tool which you can use to generate a downloadable PDF invoice.
Create unlimited PDF invoices which you can then send to your clients via email. We’ve even written up some tips on constructing an invoice email if you’re stuck for what to write.
Using our generator couldn’t be simpler – there’s instructions on the page and it will take less than a minute to create your first online invoice.
#2 – Download one of our free invoice templates below
This is usually the first thing people look for when learning how to do an invoice. Using Word and Excel in a business capacity is a vital skill to learn and our templates are designed to be simple and quick to fill out.
We’ve created a full range of professional, free invoice templates suitable for different people – sole traders, the self-employed and limited companies. Below is the standard invoice template for sole traders which anyone can use, available with or without a column for VAT.
Remember, a builder’s invoice is really no different to an invoice for cleaning or catering. Make it your own by adding your company logo to the invoice.
Free invoice template
#3 – Zervant is a free online invoice software and mobile app
Have you landed on this page wondering why is this company so passionate about invoicing? It’s because we make online invoice software to help small business owners get paid faster.
All you need to sign up is an email address – it takes less than a minute to create an account and send your first invoice. Worried about how to send an invoice? It couldn’t be simpler with Zervant. There’s great tips and useful information in our Help Centre and on our blog.
Invoice today for free – Zervant can be used for free for a limited number of customers. If you like the software we have subscription tiers to suit your needs. Check out the productivity boosting features available to our premium subscribers.
Free Online Invoice Software
Create an account and send invoices online with Zervant! It takes less than 60 seconds to sign up.
How to make an invoice:
Here’s a quick checklist that covers all the basics you need on every invoice:
- Contact info: Both your own details and your client’s ones, all in the top left. If you have a lot of clients consider creating a specific reference number for each one.
- Dates: Include the date you issue the invoice and also when it’s due.
- Invoice Number: A unique number for identifying the invoice, usually a sequential, serial number. This is vital, as it will help you to identify your invoices when you need them later on.
- Payment Terms: In the UK standard payment terms are 30 days, and you can charge 8.5% interest on late payments. Make sure you add your payment details too – Bank Name, Sort Code and Account Number. If you’ve ever come across any acronyms or shorthand phrases for payment terms, check this rather excellent jargon buster.
- Additional info: A brief description about what your invoice includes, and perhaps a thank you message for the client!
If you’re still not quite sure what information goes where on the invoice, you can find some handy guidelines on how to write an invoice.
We hope you find these invoice makers useful. They’re designed to help make it as easy as possible to get paid. Be sure to check out our other free tools and templates on our blog as well.