Guide: Create a free business homepage
This is a step-by-step guide for publishing a free homepage if you are a sole trader. The guide does not require any technical knowledge and is based on a free tool for creating web pages without ads.
Step 1: Create a free account
To get started you need to create a free account with Zervant. You can create and keep your homepage online with a completely free account.
Step 2: Complete your company profile
After logging in you will see the business dashboard. The service offers tools for invoicing and expense management as well but in this guide we will use it only for publishing a free homepage. Start by accessing your company profile from the My account-link in the top right corner. You need to enter the following information (it is automatically used on your homepage):
- Company name (you did this when you registered for an account)
- Company logo (click Choose file…. to upload your logo image)
- First and last names (of contact person shown on homepage)
- E-mail address (for contact requests)
- Address, Zip code and City
- Mobile or Phone number (at least one of these)
You do not need to enter any other information to create a homepage for your business.
Step 3: Create your homepage and select visible information
Select Company homepage (next option below the Company contact information in på My account) and Edit page to access the web page editor.
First, select your page template and color scheme in the toolbar on the top. Below the toolbar you will see a live preview of how the page will look after publishing it on the internet. The toolbar provides your with options of what information to show on the page:
- Company logo
- Contact-button: Shows a contact button that enables page visitors to send a contact request to you (sent to the e-mail address you have defined in your company profile).
- Customer satisfaction: Shows a summary of your customer satisfaction under your company name.
- Email address: Choose if you want to show your email address as part of the contact information.
- Links: Shows the More information area on the left. You can link your page to other pages or e.g. your Facebook or LinkedIn profile.
- Customer feedback summary: Shows a more detailed overview of your customer reviews if you have collected customer feedback through Zervant.
- Share buttons: Shows links for easily sharing your page in popular social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Visitors can recommend your company to their friends using these links.
Step 4: Write a short company presentation and add links
The last step is to write a selling description of your offering. We recommend you keep it short and make the paragraph headers compelling. You can edit the paragraph content by clicking on the Edit link that is visible when you move your mouse pointer over the paragraph area. Add more paragraphs using the Add new paragraph link.
Click in the Edit links in the More info area to add links from this homepage to other pages on the Web (requires that you have checked the Links box in the toolbar).
Step 5: Save and publish your homepage
When you are satisfied with your page content, click Save and publish online. The web page is now automatically published on the internet and you can close the page editor. You can return to the editor and update your page at any time.
When back in the My account menu in Zervant after closing the editor you can see the URL link to your homepage. If you for some reason want to unpublish your page you can click Take page offline. This will only remove the page from the internet, you can still access the editor and make changes to your page.
Congratulations! You can now click on the link to view your brand new homepage. Google will find your page within a few days!
More value from your homepage: Publish your customer satisfaction to help sales
As the next step we recommend that you request feedback from your clients using Zervant and publish your customer satisfaction and reviews on your homepage.